Sunday 13 September 2009

My Soulmate, My Life

Why is life so cruel, to take you away
You were so young, with so much to do
Your son, your family, your friends
We all needed you, we all miss you
Time’s flown past but do we forget
That horrible day that was your last
We joked, we laughed we weren’t to know
Memories haunt me of that summers day
Everything was going so well for us all
Why did you have to go away?
Is it selfish of me to be mad?
Not at you, but at god, at life
I don’t know who at, but those who took you away
What cruel world do we live in?
To give me the gift of life four years on
My baby is my reminder of you every day
For how can I forget that cruel May day
They took you away and four years on
Replaced you with my son who I love so much
A cruel but happy reminder of you
With my love for him I can go on
I will never forget you or the happiness you brought
In those few short years I was so blessed to know you
If only you weren’t taken away from me
I will never forgot our times together
My best friend, my soul mate, my life

No comments:

Post a Comment